As an online student, you have access to many of the resources and services available to campus students. Explore the options below to learn more about how we're here to help you succeed.
At Network Services, we strive to provide services and support that exceed expectations and provide technical leadership and innovation. Our Helpdesk provides leadership and instills confidence through exceptional technology and assistance.
Our team is happy to answer your questions about Eagle Email, accounts and passwords, Canvas, information security, and any other IT issues. For assistance, call 239-590-1188 on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also send us an email anytime and we’ll respond as quickly as possible.
Online students can access the vast collections in the FGCU Library, which include more than 187,000 eBooks, 708,000 eJournal articles, 23,000 DigitalFGCU items, 386,000 research and course guides, and 15,000 streaming videos. We also have more than a half million online primary sources!
Feel free to browse through our indexed research guides, instructional materials, institutional repository, and more. You can also request books from other Florida universities via the UBorrow interlibrary loan program.
Librarians are eager to assist graduate students with research assignments. For assistance, you can email or live chat with a librarian during reference desk hours. Plus, we’re available via phone (239-590-7630) or text (239-676-0840).
In order to determine eligibility for Federal, State and Institutional financial aid, including Federal Direct Loans, students must complete a FAFSA each year. FGCU school code is 032553. Upon completion of a FAFSA and admittance into a program, students will be notified via email regarding outstanding requirements and award information.
For questions, please use the contact page to email the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships or call 239-590-7920.
FGCU online students are welcome and encouraged to participate in Commencement at our main campus in Fort Myers, Florida. As you approach graduation and prepare to celebrate your degree, keep this important checklist handy:
- Meet with your advisor to review and verify degree requirements and complete the Application to Graduate on GULFLINE
- Be sure to include your correct mailing address on your Application to Graduate
- Make sure that you clear any financial holds on your account that will prevent you from receiving your diploma and transcripts
- Holds can be viewed on GULFLINE
- Complete the 'Exit Interview' through Financial Aid if you have received student loans
- Complete the Graduating Student Survey, which will be emailed to you (when you are eligible to graduate)
- Once you have submitted your application via GULFLINE, you must register via GULFLINE to participate in Commencement and request tickets for your guests
- Order your Commencement Cap and Gown through the University Bookstore
- Please update your contact information so we can share information with you after graduation
For more information on graduation, contact the Office of Records & Registration at 239-590-7980 or by email.